How To Do:
- Lie on the floor with your arms by your sides.
- Your palms facing down and your legs over your hips at 90 degrees. Feet are flexed.
- Then lift your hips off the floor using your core muscles while your legs are reaching towards the ceiling.
- Then return to the starting position. Repeat 15 times.
- Be seated on a flat bench so that your body is positioned perpendicular to its length. Anchor your body with your bum at all times.
- Grab the back of the bench, drop your torso backwards, and extend your legs forward until your entire body is straight and parallel to the floor.
- Simultaneously pull in your lower abs and crunch your upper abs to form a “V” with your quads and stomach.
- Keep your abs tight, a straight back, and strong posture throughout.
- Repeat for 15-20 reps.
- Once this becomes too easy, increase the difficulty by holding a light weight in between your feet.
Double Leg Lifts-
Double Leg Lifts are a Pilates exercise that strongly works your core. By keeping your legs firmly together, you transfer most of the work toward your abs. This is more challenging than most Pilates exercises because you have to keep your legs straight. Most trainers call this the Mermaid exercise.
How To Do:
- Lie face up on the mat and put your palms under your head with elbows wide open.
- Spread the legs and raise them upwards keeping them joined at the heels and inhale.
- Exhale as you pull your torso up from the floor and crunch your tummy, feel the tension in your back muscles and the abdomen at this point.
- Hold this position for a few seconds and then slowly lower your torso in the mat.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times at a stretch.
I wish all the best to you and your efforts to lose belly fat thank you.